Today we're going to talk about how you can sell products online as quickly as possible, using 5 proven marketing tactics. Done right, each of these tactics has the potential to make you sales, FAST.
1. Online Groups & Forums
First, promote your products in online groups and forums. These groups are a great way to engage with customers on a personal level, plus 20% or buyers recommend their favorite products in forums! Also, around 33% of marketers choose to market their brands on forums to reach a bigger audience in a specific niche. Bottom line? These places represent a great opportunity to get your products out there & in front of the people that will be most interested in them. Groups & Forums are also great for testing new products to see if they resonate with your market.
So, how can you use Forums & Groups to sell your products?
Well, you can market your products in existing forum or Facebook group in your niche. BUT REMEMBER: The 1st rule of online marketing is to NEVER SPAM PEOPLE. So, if you choose to promote your product in an existing forum or Facebook group, go easy on the self promotion. In these groups, relationships come first & sales come later.
But, if you want to sell products fast, start by promoting them in existing Facebook buy and sell groups. For best results you'll want to focus your efforts on higher quality buy & sell groups.
- Active groups; try to find groups that are active daily, and without too much spam. Do some research, how many members are in the group? How often are people posting? How much engagement are the posts getting?
- Look At Posts; What types of posts perform the best? Then incorporate those winning elements into your own posts.
- Read The Group Rules; Make sure you read the group rules before sharing promotional posts to avoid getting banned from the group.
Once you find a group that works for you, create a spreadsheet and track your activity to hone in on what works.
2. Facebook Ads
Whoever your target market is, you can almost guarantee they're on Facebook. Why? because Facebook has more than 1.5 billion monthly active users. And, most of those users check their Facebook page multiple times per day. But thats not even the best part! Facebook's true power lies in its ability to target your ideal customer. People share so many details of their lives on Facebook that you can create super specific ad campaigns just for them. You can target demographics, interests, and behaviors.
This marketing method can drive immediate results. Just make sure you set your campaign objective to Conversions, Store Visits, or Catalog Sales. Here are the 4 steps to creating a winning Facebook Ad.
- Audience; The key is to be Specific
- Offer; Strong copy will not overcome a weak offer. A strong offer will always succeed over fluff copy. Bottom line? People love to buy stuff, but they hate being sold to. To get ideas for great offers, check out your competitors to see whats working & then make it your own.
- Compelling Copy; This is action taking writing. Where you craft words together to get people to take the actions you want them to. Good copywriting focuses on the benefits of your product, not just the features.
- Image; It's crucial that you get this right. Images account for 75-90% of Facebook advertising performance. If possible, include a person using your product. People like to see people using the product they're interested in purchasing. So, pictures with human faces are 38% to receive engagement then photos with no faces. Also, make sure the model is relatable & looks like your target customer.
3. Partner With Micro-Influencers
Instagram has reached a massive 800 million active users. 70% of Instagram users actually want to consume content from brands. This is awesome for E-commerce entrepreneurs. So, how can you harness the power of Instagram? One way is to partner with Micro - Influencers. You see, influencers aren't just celebrities & people with millions of followers. An influencer is anyone with a relatively large following in a particular niche. Micro Influencers are a great option if you're just starting out for 3 reasons.
- High Level of Engagement; Influencers that have 1,000 - 100,000 followers have better engagement than influencers with massive followings.
- More Accessible; If you reach out to a select few micro influencers in your niche, theres a good chance you'll hear back from them. Larger influencers on the other hand, have agents and can be much harder to reach.
- Charge Much Less; Most influencers between 2,000 - 100,000 followers usually charge between $150 - 500 for a post. This is significantly less than larger influencers. And in some cases, some will do it just for the free product & giving their followers a discount code for a percentage off! All you have to do, is find the right influencers that will work with you.
Don't forget to look at the influencers engagement rate as well. With fake followers & bots all over the internet today it's hard to tell which influencers are real or fake. So, make sure you always do your homework!
What do you think of these tips? Do you have any experience with these 3 advertising methods? If so, comment below!