How To Take The Perfect Selfie
Ever wondered how to take the perfect selfie?
Don’t worry. Even the selfie queens of Instagram would be lost if it weren’t for their insider know-how on how to pull off the perfect pose. We have uncovered their secrets to bring you the top tricks to the perfect selfie.
Your Instagram account will never be the same!
Like it or not, selfies have become a cultural norm. They also happen to be one of the most popular styles of photos posted on Instagram.
Some Fun Selfie Facts
- Women take an average of 6 selfies before posting and men take an average of 4 selfies before posting
- 36% of people admitted to retouching their selfies before posting
- Selfie queen Kim Kardashian has stated she takes 1,200 selfies in a day
- 1 million selfies are taken everyday
So, Why Is That?
When we see the person who is usually behind the camera appear on our feed, we feel more of a connection with them. So, we comment and like the photo because it feels more real to engage with an actual person.
Whether you choose to get on board the selfie train or not, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. And I think that embracing the trend and incorporating selfies into your personal and/or business account can be a great way to connect on a deeper level with your audience.
But before you pick up that smartphone and start snapping, here are a few tricks and tips for the perfect selfie.
Tips For The Perfect Selfie
- Know Your Side - Sometimes one side of your face will photograph better than the other. Experiment with both sides, find which one you like and stick with it!
- Make Sure You Always Have Great Light - Turn your face either directly into the sun or out of it completely. Sunrise and sunset are going to be the most flattering times to shoot in natural light. But, you can always cheat with professional lighting, LED lights will create amazing lighting in any condition. ( Our Socialite Mini is perfect for selfies on the go )
- Hold Your Camera Above Eye Level and Angle Down - Where we place the camera we will naturally look. So if we place it chin height and we look down your going to have chins for days. Angling it up will have a slimming effect on your face.
- Don't Take A Selfie In A Dirty Mirror Or A Car ( Especially with your seatbelt on) - Just don't... #boring #someoneneedssomewindex
- Get Creative - Play around with your composition and crops to add interest
- Invest In a Selfie Kit - So you are always ready to shoot! Check out our Socialite Selfie Stick Kit Here
Now you hopefully feel a little more confident about your selfie taking skills. I hope your excited to try out some fun new ways to incorporate selfies into your feed!
So, what do you think? Are you Pro- Selfie?
~The Socialite Team